Each year, NAPFA recognizes the achievements of members and public figures who have made extraordinary contributions to the association, profession, and the practice of financial planning.
- The Robert J. Underwood Distinguished Service Award is NAPFAâ€™s flagship award. The Robert J. Underwood Distinguished Service Award is presented annually in recognition of an outstanding record of service to NAPFA and significant advancement of the ideals of Fee-Only financial planning.
- The NAPFA Special Achievement Award is presented to non-members whose service greatly enhanced the environment for Fee-Only financial advisors or the advising profession. Providing consumer education on the benefits of a comprehensive financial plan and highly-qualified advisor is another component to be considered when nominating someone for this award.
- The NAPFA Excellence in DEI Award is designed to recognize the achievements and efforts of firms to advance DEI in their organizations. The award will be granted based on specific initiatives executed at the firm level.
- NAPFA Inspiring Leader Award is presented annually to NAPFA members who have established a record of encouraging, motivating, and engaging others in reaching their full professional potential. The award is presented for long-term service to NAPFA, primarily as a teacher, mentor or coach.
- NAPFA New Professional Award is presented to practitioners under the age of 35 as of September 1, 2022, who have demonstrated exceptional influence in their professional and volunteer roles.
- NCEF Pro Bono Service Award recognizes the community service work of NAPFA members who have contributed their time and financial planning expertise to help those in need in order to achieve positive financial outcomes in the future. This award is presented to a planner or financial planning firm in recognition of their significant pro bono contributions to a nonprofit organization, social services agency or directly to individuals through their own firm.
The NAPFA Awards Program recognizes leaders and achievers for their noted accomplishments within financial planning. Recognition as part of the NAPFA awards program is an outstanding accomplishment and a great honor.
The awards program has closed for 2023.